9mm 9×19 Ammo 115gr FMJ Remington Military LE Training (B9MM3) 500 Round Case | Ammunition Guru
Bullet Type: FMJ MC, Full Metal Jacket 9mm 9×19 Ammo
Bullet Weight: 115gr
Bullet Jacket: Copper
Velocity: 1,145 ft/s
Amount: 500 Round Case
Notes: This particular lot of ammo is part of a production overrun which fulfilled the needs of either military orders or law enforcement contracts. As a result, these excellent 9mm rounds are available to the public and offer great performance in bulk quantities at an inexpensive price. 9mm 9×19 Ammo
What Is Ammo
Ammo, short for ammunition, is a critical component of firearms and is available in various types, each designed for specific purposes. Let’s explore some different types of ammo and provide general overviews of their performance.
Different Type Of Ammunitions And Reviews For Sale
1. Full Metal Jacket (FMJ): FMJ rounds are commonly used for target shooting and military applications due to their reliable feeding and penetration capabilities. The jacket encases the lead core, preventing deformation upon impact. They lack significant expansion, making them less ideal for self-defense or hunting scenarios.
2. Hollow Point (HP): HP rounds are designed to expand upon impact, creating a larger wound channel and transferring more energy to the target. They are favored for self-defense and hunting, as they can provide better stopping power and reduce the risk of over-penetration. However, they may not feed as reliably as FMJ rounds in certain firearms.
3. Ballistic Tip: Ballistic Tip rounds feature a plastic tip over a lead core, designed to enhance aerodynamics and accuracy. They offer controlled expansion upon impact, making them suitable for hunting medium-sized game.
4. Soft Point (SP): SP rounds have a exposed lead tip, allowing controlled expansion upon impact while retaining penetration. These rounds are commonly used for hunting larger game, as they offer a balance between expansion and deeper penetration.
5. Armor-Piercing (AP): AP rounds are designed to penetrate armor and are mainly restricted to military and law enforcement use. They contain a hardened metal core that can pierce hard targets, making them unsuitable for typical civilian applications.
It’s important to note that the choice of ammunition should align with the intended purpose. While FMJ rounds may be ideal for target shooting, self-defense situations typically require expanding rounds like HP or SP for maximum effectiveness.
Individual experiences with specific ammunition can vary due to factors like firearm compatibility and personal preferences. Ongoing evaluation of user reviews, including those found on reputable sources and forums, can provide insight into performance, reliability, and accuracy of various brands and loads. Ultimately, it is essential to conduct thorough research and seek professional advice to choose the most appropriate ammunition for one’s specific needs and firearm.